New Box Home-Assistant Green
This page has been visited ... times
Home-Assistant has existed for 10 years already, I can’t believe it, Paulus Schoutsen announced something new to us which was revealed yesterday at the end of the YouTube live. This is a new box sold for less than $100 per Home-Assistant Green
10th anniversary video
Watch this video, well it lasts 1h30, but for the 10th anniversary, I made the effort!
Home Assistant Green offers effortless setup and lets you control all smart devices with one system, where all data is stored locally by default. This device benefits from the Home-Assistant ecosystem.
Home-Assistant Green includes a motherboard designed in collaboration with the company Seeedstudio, interesting point 4-core ARM-Cortex A55 processor and 4Gb of onboard RAM and 32GB of emmc storage, everything you need to run Home-Assistant OS.
Constantly improving by adding a New box, the Nabu Casa company is diversifying, for its 10th anniversary Home-assistant is also reviewing the logo, that’s a good thing, Congratulations
Feature Home-Assistant Green
- Home-Assistant Green is ready to use: plug in the power and network cables and off you go!
- One system to control it all: combine your Apple, Google, Samsung and Amazon devices with support for hundreds of thousands of other smart devices, all in one app.
- Data localization: protect data privacy with exclusive control and local storage by default. Except for certain extensions which will require connecting to the External Cloud.
- Limitless connectivity: support for Home Assistant SkyConnect for Zigbee/Thread, Home Assistant Cloud for voice assistants, plus third-party accessories to support other smart standards.
- Improved every month by open source: new features and improvements are added every month by large communities of open source developers (more than 3000 contributors) for 10 years.
Technical Characteristics Home-Assistant Green
|Processor||Rockchip RK3566 SoC - 4 cores - Arm Cortex-A55 CPU|
|RAM||4 GB LPDDR4X RAM|
|LED Status||White (power indicator)|
Green (activity indicator)
Yellow (system health indicator)
|Expansion slot||SD card slot for recovery purposes only|
|USB ports||2 USB 2.0 Type-A host ports|
|Display||1x HDMI for debugging purposes only|
|Wireless protocols||Zigbee 3.0 and Matter (with Home Assistant SkyConnect)|
|Pre-installed firmware||Home Assistant operating system|
|Power||12V/1A Barrel DC Power Jack (Barrel Connector)|
|Battery||CR2032 not included|
|LED||White (power), green (activity indicator), yellow (Home Assistant system status)|
|Power off button||Press and hold for 6 seconds to safely shut down|
Press and hold for 12 seconds to force power off
|Case||Large aluminum heat sink, excellent heat dissipation|
|Size||112 x 112 x 32mm|
|Operating temperature||0 ~ 40℃|
Complete Online Technical Guide
As nothing is done by halves at Home-Assistant, a complete site has been created as a complete guide to the box Home-Assistant Green.
product advantages Home-Assistant Green
- manufacturing quality
- the price - $100
- plug & play
- the many possible compatibilities
- compatibility (ZHA and Zigbee2mqtt and Ewelink)
- CR2032 internal clock
the - of the product Home-Assistant Green
- Absence of certain internal connections
- only available for sale on a Chinese platform (seeedstudio)
This is a nice surprise that Home-assistant offers us, a good quality case, a well-designed motherboard especially considering the price, efficient plug&play, all you have to do is buy a Skyconnect key for $29.99 to benefit from the Zigbee mesh. The whole thing will cost you around $129, what more could you want to get started correctly in the world of home automation!